NASHVILLE, Tenn. (March 28, 2016) – In two and a half decades, The Leroy Van Dyke “Country Gold Tour” has played in 24 states and four foreign countries, and continues with increased acceptance and momentum in carefully selected venues, including state fairs, performing arts centers and casinos.
This classic country format has joined some of classic country music’s favorite stars for a show that reminds traditional country music fans of the music they fell in love with. Dates have just been announced for upcoming appearances later this summer/fall (with more to be added) featuring Leroy Van Dyke, Jimmy Fortune, T. Graham Brown, Rex Allen Jr., Bobby Bare, Steve & Rudy Gatlin (The Gatlin Brothers), Eddy Raven, Bill Anderson, John Conlee, Moe Bandy, T.G. Sheppard, Gene Watson, Johnny Lee and many more (lineup changes venue to venue).
“Country Gold Tour” events are organized by Gladys Van Dyke. Leroy opens each show with his seven-piece band, takes a bow, then returns to center stage to emcee the rest of the show. Leroy includes in his show his Number 1 smash, “Walk On By,” named by Billboard Magazine as the biggest country music single in recorded history, based on sales, plays and number of weeks in the charts. “The Auctioneer” singer/songwriter has established himself as one of the top artists in the genre, with a very impressive list of achievements which include being inducted into the National Auctioneers Association Hall of Fame, hosting his own syndicated television show, being the only country music performer to open a show for Marilyn Monroe, and becoming a trailblazing superstar who transcended boundaries by bringing country music to new areas for the first time.
What the artists are Saying . . .
- “We are proud of the impact our ‘Country Gold Tour’ has had and is having on classic country music fans. Our fans appreciate our accessibility, and come down to the autograph tables with tears in their eyes, like an altar call at a Billy Graham Crusade.” –Leroy Van Dyke
- The ‘Country Gold Tour’ is exactly what it says . . . Country gold songs from Country’s greatest legends. It is always an honor to work with two of the most professional people in our business: Leroy and Gladys Van Dyke.” – T.G. Sheppard
- “Working with ‘The Country Gold Show’ is working with the finest. Not only is LeRoy Van Dyke a legendary performer, his band 'The Auctioneers' is the best I have ever worked with in my years on the road.” –Rex Allen Jr.
- “I’ve known Leroy Van Dyke for probably 30 years, and he was one of the guys who inspired me as far as my music goes with the Statlers and on my own. I love and respect both Leroy and Gladys Van Dyke, and The Country Gold Show is a quality show with one of the best bands out there.” -Jimmy Fortune
- “I've been on the Country Gold Tour shows for several years now. Leroy and Gladys Van Dyke have created a great musical event and they've taken it to grateful audiences all over the country. I love doing these shows because I get to spend time with some of Country Music's best artists that happen to be great friends of mine. We always meet the fans after the shows and they tell us they enjoy them so much because they get to see several artists on the same show.” –T. Graham Brown
Upcoming Country Gold Tour shows (more dates to be added):
Aug 21 – Des Moines, Iowa – Iowa State Fair
Sep 01 – Mt. Pleasant, Iowa – Old Threshers
Sep 25 – Lancaster, Pa. – American Music Theater
Oct 28 – Shipshewana, Ind. – Blue Gate Theater
Nov 12 – Emmetsburg, Iowa – Wild Rose Casino
Nov 13 – Clinton, Iowa – Wild Rose Casino
*Other legendary country entertainers on various dates of the Country Gold Tour include Leroy Van Dyke, Jimmy Fortune, T. Graham Brown, Rex Allen Jr., Bobby Bare, Steve & Rudy Gatlin (The Gatlin Brothers), Eddy Raven, Bill Anderson, John Conlee, Rhonda Vincent, David Frizzell, Lacy J. Dalton, Moe Bandy, T.G. Sheppard, Leona Williams, Gene Watson, Johnny Lee, Mandy Barnett (view all artists available for inclusion HERE)